Fitness Tip: Move More, Protect Your Neck
Most of us are doing something each day to put pressure on our necks.
[ Sitting at a desk | Standing at a desk | Looking at our phones | Driving | Sitting in a car or other public transportation | Holding a phone up to our ear using our shoulder | Sleeping poorly | Not exercising ]
If there's one thing you do each day to protect your neck and stretch the muscles surrounding the neck. It is to move, get blood flowing.This simple exercise you can do for 30 seconds 2-3 times a day will release muscle tension in your neck.
1. Stand tall, feet shoulder width apart, hold your chin up.
2. Press your shoulders down and back and hold your arms out to the sides in a T.
3. Begin to circle your arms forwards for 15 seconds, pressing your shoulders down and keeping your chin up. Breathing in through your nose, out thought your mouth.
4. Begin to circle your arms backwards for 15 seconds, pressing your shoulders down and keeping your chin up. Breathing in through your nose, out thought your mouth.
5. Lower your arms, breathe, move on with your day and focus on keeping your shoulders down and back, neck and back strong, and chin up.