The 6 Foods Every Bachelor Consistently Needs In His Fridge.
You grocery shop once a week. But are you buying the very best essentials?
Be sure to stock up on these items as meal staples. Fruit, Vegetables, Protein, Fat, Carbohydrates.
Micronutrient and Macronutrient Heavy Foods.
1. 7 Organic Apples- 1 apple a day, first thing in the AM, on an empty stomach is ideal for digestion. An apple contains enough fiber, carbohydrates, and micronutrients to fuel you and keep you full without crashing.
2. 6 Organic, Free Range, Chicken Breasts- High in quality protein and micronutrients, eating one 1.5 pieces every other day is the ideal amount of protein to digest at a time for maximum absorption. Each individual is different, but high amounts of protein, typically over 30-40G cannot be digested at once. Also. any excess fat, protein, carbohydrates eaten any day that are not burned, are stored as fat.
3. 2 Organic Avocados- one serving of fat= 1/2 avocado, about 15G of fat- a good amount to easily digest. Avocados are high in fiber, fat, micronutrients, and are ideal every other day for eating. Or- try 1/4 avocado with 1tbsp olive oil with spinach for a full serving of fat. Too much fat again, takes a long time to digest, and if not burned, is stored as fat.
4. 1 box of Organic Spinach- Any lettuce will do. As long as it is well washed. Lettuce is high in bacteria. I also recommend steaming spinach instead of raw- some vitamins are actually released once heated and still has the same fiber content. Try adding 1/2c water to a pot, add 2 handfuls of spinach, and stir until the water is absorbed and the spinach is wilted. About 3-4 minutes. Drain the excess water.
5. 1 carton of Organic Eggs- High in protein- the easiest form of protein for the muscles to digest actually! And the egg yolk is high in fat and cholesterol. If you have high cholesterol or are loading up on other fats throughout the day, feel free to cut the yolk. If not- 1 egg white is 5G protein/15 Calories and with the yolk is 5G protein/4.5G fat/60 calories.
6. 3 Sweet Potatoes- A complex carbohydrate and also high in micronutrients, fiber and all around great option to keep your satiety in check.
Sample Meals from the Above-
1. 1 apple. 4 eggs scrambled (2 whole eggs, 4 whites), 1/2 avocado. (breakfast)
2. 1tbs olive oil + 2 cups steamed spinach + 1.5 pieces of chicken breast, 1 sweet potato. (lunch or dinner)
The goal is to eat micronutrient packed macronutrient foods. The foods listed above contain protein, carbohydrates and fat and are also high in essential vitamins and minerals.